UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
Deadline Date November 17, 2022
1.Finance Accounts Associate
- Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets. Advise units of discrepancies and assist to resolve differences in their records.
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports, vouchers, etc.) and reconciling data for recurring or special reports.
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepares recurring reports as schedules and special reports, as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Close year-end account and assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment, deposits, NEP and leave balances, etc.
- Advises and assists international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
- Initiates correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Maintains liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates, and participates in budget analysis and projects, as required.
- Conducts spot checks of the UNICEF supported activities accounts and provides a statement on the accuracy of the Financial Statements submitted to UNICFE by the Implementing Partner as per the HACT guidelines.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Position in Organization:
- Finance/Accounts Associate
- Job no: 556819
- Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Location: Ethiopia
- School/Unit: Ethiopia
- Department/Office: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Categories: Financial Management
- Deadline: 17th Nov 2022
- Completion of secondary education is required with professional/university level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
- A minimum of six years of clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should apply in https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/556819
Deadline Date November 17, 2022