Senior Program Accountant
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI receives annual budget from Ethiopian Government and the Core Funders of our institute are Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) (http://www.sida.se/English/) and Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation ( (http://www.norad.no/en/front/)NORAD(https://www.norad.no/en/front/))(http://www.norad.no/en/front/). And currently we have competitive grants from USAID, US government different institution, European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) (http://www.edctp.org/), UK and other many more.
We would like to hire qualified, experienced candidate who is energetic and skillful for the position of Senior Program Accountant.
The major responsibility of the job position holder is to prepare action plan aligning with program activities and to follow up cash, budgets, grants and expenditure of grants in result base management system /RBM/.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To contribute to the effective running of the progress, providing financial and administrative support under the direction and guidance of the finance and procurement Director
– Provide advice and effectively support AHRI in the planning and implementation of the ERP implementation activities
– Performing Quality assurance reviews and providing advice on all aspects of the ERP implementation (in progress) including but not limited to planning, reviewing of deliverables, documentation, supporting on data collection and cleansing, capacity building, User Acceptance Testing and representing AHRI in related project implementation activities to work with the implementation partners to make the project successful.
– Capacitating and building the in-house capacity of the project team to undertake Quality Assurance activities;
– Preparation/issuance of quality assurance reports and timely advice on the implementation activities covering all components including ERP implementation, training, change management and related areas
– Ensure that the progress of the implementation is in line with the plan
– Liaise with the implementers (TTSP/ADK) to expedite the implementation
– Knowledge transfer to AHRI team regarding quality assurance and change management
– Preparation of ERP implementation progress report
– Lead the revision of the Financial policy of the Institute
· Support the Finance and procurement directorate in regular reporting of the institute;
· Provide guidance on a continuous basis to the fund holders in the implementation of their budget;
· Maintain effective financial administration systems in order to provide an efficient support service to all budget holders in AHRI and to offer advice to budget holders to ensure that the program achieves best value at all times;
· Under the guidance of the Finance and Procurement Director communicate with donors or donor account managers to help resolve specific problems or respond to donor information requests.
· Technical guidance and support in preparing for and managing donor audits including liaison with auditors and negotiating contested findings where appropriate.
· Preform any financial activity as required by the Supervisors.
· MA Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Studies And minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience; OR
· BA Degree in Accounting/Finance And minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
· Qualification in IT or related field
· English Language proficiency both written and spoken; Advanced skills: in Microsoft Excel, and Word
· Finance Software: Peachtree, ERP and other financial software
· Experience of managing grants/contracts from Institutional and Restricted donors such as SIDA, NORAD EU, USAID and other with ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff.
· Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools.
· Experience in project finance management is required
· Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting.
· Extensive experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.
· A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
· A cover letter (not more than one page)
· A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Terms of Employment: One year contract period with full time employment basis with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.
No. Required: 01 (one)
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.