Recruiter Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position in company: Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer
Experience Required: Minimum 1 years
Place of work: Asosa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 26, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – UNHCR Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs 2023. UNHCR published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a ” Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer ” in UNHCR jobs in Ethiopia.
Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer job description
The Assistant Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer should be proactive, always looking for new opportunities and persuasive in mobilizing donors and new partners around new models of economic and social integration. Within UNHCR, the Assistant Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer will work under the supervision of the head of livelihoods and closely with multi-functional teams on matters including but not limited to protection, education, cash, partnerships, research and analytics, GBV, solutions, complementary pathways and more. S/he will support the office’s involvement with livelihoods and economic inclusion, working with relevant external stakeholders from government line ministries, development actors, private sector, UN agencies, international organisations, NGOs, research institutions and universities.
Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer responsibilities include:
- Explore partnerships to facilitate the economic inclusion of refugees, such as line ministries, private sector and development actors in accordance with UNHCR Global and Country level policies, priorities, and strategies, in particular the Global Compact on Refugees. This includes advocating with public and private sector services providers to include UNHCR PoC in supporting services (business development, micro-finance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
- Work with the multi-functional team, more specifically with the Protection Unit, support the assessment of the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work and recommend/implement advocacy initiatives and policy reform to improve UNHCR PoC¿s economic inclusion, rights and access to work.
- Build on UNHCR databases to support regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders. This includes supporting the implementation of socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys utilising community-based strategies to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation of development programmes.
- Conduct necessary assessments in collaboration with relevant private and public stakeholders, including impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of UNHCR PoC.
- In case UNHCR is implementing specific livelihoods activities, work closely with and provide technical assistance on livelihoods interventions to help ensure they are market-based, and that the role of UNHCR has been strategically determined in consideration of its comparative advantage vis-à-vis other partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
- Business Management, Socio-Economics Development Economics/International Economics Rural Development Financial Management
Requirements and skills
- Experience in facilitating the economic inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, ideally in varied field contexts.
- Experience in working in partnership with private sector, NGOs, UN organisations, development actors, and government authorities in sub-sectors relevant to livelihood programming e.g. financial inclusion, employment, entrepreneurship, private sector development, local economic development, poverty reduction, agriculture, livestock, vocational and technical education and training, etc.
- Desirable Knowledge about latest development in the livelihoods sector, including broader UN processes on the SDGs and the Global Compact on Refugees.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply for Assistant Livelihoods and Economic Inclusion Officer?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.