Recruiter Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
Position in company: HR Associate
Experience Required: Minimum 6 years
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – WFP HR Associate Jobs 2023. WFP published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as HR Associate in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a ” HR Associate ” in WFP jobs in Ethiopia.
HR Associate job description
The HR Associate will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and will report to the HR Officer. The purpose of the role is to support talent acquisition efforts while ensuring accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitating the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented recruitment and selection service. The HR Associate will take the lead on assigned recruitments and will be expected to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems, take initiative to implement more efficient ways of working and apply knowledge of talent acquisition principles in their day to day tasks.
HR Associate responsibilities include:
- Respond to recruitment requests from hiring managers and provide all required documentation and information
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of assigned positions from A-Z including but not limited to preparing and posting vacancy announcements, screening candidates, organizing and attending panel interviews, preparing selection recommendation reports, drafting LAPC minutes of meetings, compiling and forwarding complete sets of recruitment documents to the contracting team.
- Proactively contribute to gender and diversity targets of the country office through sourcing potential candidates via various channels
- Facilitate LAPC meetings and ensure timely preparation of full documentation.
- Support the review, updates and application of Recruitment Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place in the Country office, bringing to attention any issues that are unclear or not fully covered in the SOPs.
- Support hiring managers and provide advice as needed to ensure timely completion of the assigned tasks.
- Ensure confidential storage of sensitive information and safe keeping of required documents and correspondence as per guidelines
- Maintain recruitment data including regularly updating the recruitment tracker and providing information required for reports, audit, compliance and risk management.
- Undertake and actively participate in HR projects
- Any other related duties in line with role and level.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Six or more years of progressively responsible relevant working experience in HR with an emphasis on recruitment and selection.
Requirements and skills
- Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes including a deep understanding of recruitment and selection
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
- Ability to conduct basic analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Experience in supervising and coordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems
How to Apply for HR Associate?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.
Related jobs in WFP:
- HR Associate
- Procurement Officer – Team Lead
- Programme Assistant