Recruiter Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
Position in company: Procurement Officer – Team Lead
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – WFP Procurement Officer Jobs 2023. WFP published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Procurement Officer in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a ” Procurement Officer ” in WFP jobs in Ethiopia.
Procurement Officer job description
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
Procurement Officer responsibilities include:
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g., issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyze data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc. to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- With advanced university degree, minimum 3 years of working experience in relevant field OR 6 years or more related managerial work experience with first university degree.
Requirements and skills
- Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
- Experience conducting cost analyses.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of other local Language is an added advantage.
How to Apply for Procurement Officer?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.
Related jobs in WFP:
- HR Associate
- Procurement Officer – Team Lead
- Programme Assistant