Recruiter Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
Position in company: Programme Assistant
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years
Place of work: Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – WFP Programme Assistant Jobs 2023. WFP published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Programme Assistant in Ethiopia. There is an opening for ” Programme Assistant ” in WFP jobs in Ethiopia.
Programme Assistant job description
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance and smallholder resilience needs.
Programme Assistant responsibilities include:
- Contribute towards the development of a concept notes of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Ensure planning and implementation of recovery and integrated resilience programme activities at field level, and coordination with the other partners as required
- Develop partnerships and manage contractual agreements with Government, cooperating partners and research institutions and provide technical inputs to the Nutrition, refugees/IDPs, recovery and integrated resilience activities and risk mitigation related proposals and agreements.
- Assess WFP and partners capacity, develop capacity building plans and design and implement directly or through service providers relevant capacity building interventions.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to SO staff, partners, and government technical staff in managing recovery and resilience building activities, as well nutrition prevention and treatment for moderate acute malnutrition cases.
- Support SO in carrying out Seasonal Livelihood Programming (SLP) and Community Based Participatory Planning (CBPP) processes to promote recovery and resilience building and manage the prevention and treatment for moderate acute malnutrition cases.
- Support the SO in setting up mechanisms of timely monitoring and reporting of nutrition, recovery and integrated resilience activities especially on the assets created and their impact on risk mitigation and resilience through joint supervision with government counterparts and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Follow up data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Draft and/or provide inputs in proposal development and donor reporting for Nutrition, Relief, Refugees , Recovery and Integrated resilience activities.
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- at least 3 years of relevant (NGOs/UN Agencies) experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. Cash/food assistance for assets, nutrition, refugees/IDPs, smallholder market access, recovery, and integrated resilience activities, etc.).
Requirements and skills
- Has proven experience of implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- INational Professional: Fluency in English language and Amharic.
How to Apply for Programme Assistant?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.
Related jobs in WFP:
- HR Associate
- Procurement Officer – Team Lead
- Programme Assistant