Recruiter Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Position in company: Regional Chief of Party
Experience Required: Minimum 10 years
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – DRC Regional Chief of Party Jobs 2023. DRC published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Regional Partnership Advisor in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a “Regional Partnership Advisor” in DRC jobs in Ethiopia.
Regional Chief of Party job description
Reporting to the Operations Director for the Region, the Chief of Party will provide strategic guidance and holds overall responsibility for the achievement of the project’s intended results, ensuring that deliverables are submitted on time and to a high standard and that the programme is delivering against its intended objectives, and ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors. S/he will serve as the principal point of contact with the donor, oversee the programme components, be responsible for risk management of the programme as well ensuring robust and meaningful programme learning and adaptation is embedded
Regional Chief of Party responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the leadership, oversight and management of the delivery of expected results throughout the life of the programme, consistent with the contract objectives.
- Serve as the principal point of contact with the donor, overseeing all formal and informal communications and providing timely updates on delivery, including risks and challenges.
- Be responsible for the ongoing active risk management of the programme, ensuring there is a programme culture of risk management at all levels, that the donor and DRC are kept informed and engaged on the project’s risks and management strategy, and that there is embedded and iterative business continuity planning.
- Lead on project delivery, including strategic direction and performance management, component design and delivery, team management, and research and learning.
- Provide and maintain a single programmatic and technical approach, ensuring a strong shared vision of the programme, robust coordination mechanisms with DRC and partners, and that the programme team teams have the needed programmatic and technical resources to plan, deliver and oversee quality programming and activities.
- Assume full responsibility over the programme team, with direct line management of the Deputy Chief of Party and project management unit leads. Manage all team members and support respectful and positive working relationships which allow for the effective implementation of all activities.
- Ensure technical sector approaches are in line with DRC global standards and best practices are mainstreamed in different country operations.
- Lead on the consolidation and revision of lessons learnt, best practices and evaluation on the impact of emergency interventions in the different country operations.
- Lead on the involvement in national and regional coordination structures to ensure adequate and timely interventions in the different country operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in law, social sciences, international development, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the international humanitarian aid with at least five years’ experience in a similar role (Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Team Lead, Deputy Team Lead);
Requirements and skills
- Demonstrated experience working with displaced populations in an emergency setting together with at least 5 years of managing large-scale operations;
- A degree in a related field, such as international relations, migration, human rights, law, or social sciences;
- Proven background in large grants and award management;
- Demonstrated experience in managing large multi-location programs in complex operating environments, preferably with experience managing multi-organization teams;
- Technical expertise and experience in emergency and/or humanitarian aid programming;
- Robust analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding program targets, whilst maintaining technical quality;
- Highly diplomatic with excellent political awareness and understanding;
- High-level communications and interpersonal skills;
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, partners, local organizations, and other stakeholders; and
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How to Apply for Regional Chief of Party?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.
Related jobs in DRC:
- Regional Partnership Advisor
- Regional Project Coordinator
- Roving Safety Coordinator
- Country Project Lead
- Deputy Chief of Party
- Regional Chief of Party