Recruiter Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Position in company: Regional Project Coordinator
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – DRC Regional Project Coordinator Jobs 2023. DRC published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Regional Partnership Advisor in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a “Regional Partnership Advisor” in DRC jobs in Ethiopia.
Regional Project Coordinator job description
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Project Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for the planning, management and oversight of delivery of all project activities, ensuring quality control, and the overall responsiveness of the assistance. The PC will be responsible for ensuring country delivery teams and mechanisms are fit for purpose, providing day-to-day solutions to operational challenges and closely tracking project deliverable. The PC will serve as a key member of project leadership alongside the Chief of Party (COP), and will therefore also be responsible for team management, project governance, reporting, award management, code of conduct compliance, and risk. This position is subject to confirmation of funding
Regional Project Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Substantially coordinate the work of the project’s support functions, especially finance, to implement compliant and efficient processes in line with donor and DRC requirements;
- In coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy COP (DCOP), consult on the project workplan and associated activity-based budgets (ABB);
- Support the coordination and communication between the project team and the DRC Country Offices to ensure optimal cooperation and collaboration so that project is supported, integrated, and follows all applicable DRC policies and processes;
- Lead the development and submission of compliant project financial reporting, including ensuring reporting is supported by all required evidence and documentation of output achievements and navigating country, regional and HQ processes for approvals, documentation, submissions and payments;
- Ensure project’s and partner compliance with terms and conditions of award;
- Develop, roll out and maintain the project financial management system, prioritising best practices including overseeing the set-up and management of project’s finances in DRC Dynamics, including serving as Budget Holder;
- With the oversight and support of the COP and DCOP, manage the development and submission of any budget amendment requests, including coordinating requested changes from all project partners subcontractors;
- When assigned, take responsibility for implementing specific risk mitigation measures outlined in the EMP Risk Matrix; and
- Support project leadership to prepare and submit programmatic reports for the donor and DRC as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in in relevant field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing the implementation of complex programmes, including project management
- Experience of working with large awards
Requirements and skills
- Experience of working with large awards
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Proven ability to work independently, with a clear understanding of risk escalation requirements
- Proven ability to propose creative solutions to challenges, and proven ability deliver results within a flexible and adaptive framework
- Proven capability in budget and financial management, VFM, and needs-based cost reduction
- Successful experience working within culturally and politically diverse teams and institutions, in a fluid and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to engage diplomatically
- Previous experience in the Horn of Africa or East Africa desirable
How to Apply for Regional Project Coordinator?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.
Related jobs in DRC:
- Regional Partnership Advisor
- Regional Project Coordinator
- Roving Safety Coordinator
- Country Project Lead
- Deputy Chief of Party
- Regional Chief of Party