Recruiter Company: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Position in company: Transport Assistant
Experience Required: Minimum 5 years
Place of work: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: March 13, 2023
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia – Transport Assistant at UNICEF Jobs 2023. UNICEF published a job announcement for qualified Ethiopians seeking a position as Transport Assistant in Ethiopia. There is an opening for a ” Transport Assistant ” in UNICEF jobs in Ethiopia.
Transport Assistant job description
Join our team for managing UNICEF fleet in the Field Office including supervision of drivers. You will assign, monitor and maintain vehicles in support of smooth programme operations for the respective section. In this capacity, you will provides effective and efficient transport services to address the programmatic need for both regular and emergency programmes.
Transport Assistant responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and updating of online vehicle booking system. Orient staff and drivers on online booking system. Records and monitors use of all daily transport requests with proper supporting documents. Responsible for prioritizing transportation requests and assigning vehicles for daily routine assignments as well as field trips. Support/train drivers in doing their own Security Clearance and TAs. Monitor and management of duty rosters.
- Manage fuel coupons and maintain fuel consumption records of all vehicles including performance and maintenance of vehicles. Report on fuel efficiency and maintenance costs.
- Make sure that UNICEF vehicle third-party insurance is up-to-date and renewed in a timely manner, including registration and renewal of required vehicle documents. Ensures that non-UNICEF staff using UNICEF assets signs the standard waiver forms.
- Checking/verifications of invoices for vehicle maintenance, fuel bills and forward for payment processing. Digitize all vehicle original documents for proper electronic filing system and update regularly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School Education. Additional courses on transport and fleet management, business courses or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 5[Five] years of relevant professional experience in office administration, fleet management, transport or travel units in INGOs or the UN.
Requirements and skills
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset. One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
How to Apply for Transport Assistant?
Interested and qualified applicants fulfilling the above requirement can apply through the following link Apply here or click apply button below.