Food Distribution Coordinator
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of General Food Coordinator is to manage and coordinate the overall GFD distribution implementation in the respective camps. Managing the staff working under their line management, coordinating with all project stakeholders and budget management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management of General Food Distribution project field staff in the respective refugee camp
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Contribute to FSL strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement a delegated portfolio of GFD project (activities, budget, and project documentation) as delegated from APM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to APM (AM and Core Competency Specialists if no APM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to the GFD teams including implementation of Human Resources related processes (recruitments, orientation, training, performance management).
- Compile and prepare the monthly, Quarterly and Annual GFD reports and conduct reconciliation of documents as per the standards and donor requirement
- Follow up on weekly meeting and conduct monthly and quarterly meetings and collect accurate and updated information about project activities.
- Report any problem related to finance, admin and logistics within the GFD team and the support team to the attention of the Area Manager for resolution
- Ensure that the GFD office and NRC property are kept in a good and secure condition
- Actively promote synergies between NRC’s GFD and other teams
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Nutrition, Agriculture, Food science, Crop science, social sciences or discipline relevant to Food Security and Livelihoods; or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience for Master Degree holders and 5 Years of experience for Bachelor degree holders in Food Security and Livelihoods preferably refugee/IDP setting, emergency response in Humanitarian Organizations (i.e INGO, LNGO);
- Extensive field experience in disaster and conflict environments, complex emergencies and an in-depth knowledge of issues related to distributions; Application of theoretical knowledge in the design, management, and evaluation of complex, multi-disciplinary programs involving national governments, civil society and international organizations; Strong proven analytical and writing skills;
- Proven ability to lead strategy development for complex agendas, with clear focus on key business/operational outputs.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior government and district officials.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the FSL context in Somali Region and the specific programme area
- Knowledge of the Somali language is must
- Excellent negotiation, diplomacy and advocacy skills Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments and adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex evolving tasks.
- Strong analytical abilities, quantitative skills, and excellent writing and communication capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, in consultation with other staff.
- Ability to operate and work under pressure and manage stress
- Very good computer skills
- A decisive coordinator, especially when it comes to performance and people management
- Experience with ongoing programme implementation.
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.