Pastoralist Concern (PC) is a pastoralist initiated, inspired and led Civil Society Organization (CSO) committed to Ethiopian pastoralist development and founded in 1995. As our people are from pastoralist communities, we know and understand pastoralism and its dynamics not from blue prints but from having lived the life. Our vision is “to see improved and sustainable livelihood of the pastoralist communities of Ethiopia and further realize strong co-operations with neighboring countries’ pastoralist communities.”
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Pastoralist communities. PC offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development
Finance Officer/Accountant works under the guidance of the PC’s Finance and Administration Head at the Addis Ababa Office level is responsible for working PC’s development and emergency projects in Ethiopian Somali Regional state, project activities in regard with finance and accounting assigned position. S/he is responsible to closely work with the respective Finance and Admin and Programme departments in PC Head Office, Woreda and zonal level for organizing; coordinating and facilitating Project financial activities based on the implementation plan. The Finance Officer/Accountant represents PC values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of PC, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. The Finance Officer/Accountant is responsible for providing technical support to the staffs for the implementation of the aforementioned Projects. Ensure finance and accounting program implementation is in line with the planned budget and ensure program performance in line with the international and national standard.
- Responsible for maintaining proper financial transaction record in the accounting system on a daily basis;
- Assist in processing disbursements and prepare vouchers, bank letter / Cheques by ensuring the validity as well as completeness of supporting documents;
- Perform in processing cash & Cheque collections, acknowledge the receipt by issuing cash receipt voucher (CRV);
- Ensuring timely settlement of travel advances, another receivable;
- Perform in payroll preparation and disbursement processes;
- Ensuring timely settlement of monthly bills.
- Assist in the prepare journal voucher for non-cash transactions;
- Perform in coding transactions,
- Assist in timely reconciliation and settlement of taxes (WHT and employment income tax) and pension contribution.
- Undertake VAT reimbursement request and follow-up process for USAID funded projects;
- Assist in reviewing petty cash record and documentation.
- Undertake petty cash count.
- Assist in finance and administration file management;
- Assist in reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Undertake periodic financial reporting and budget development as well as monitoring process;
- Assist in reviewing procurement documentation in line with PC policy and donors’ requirements.
- Assist in partner financial review, as required.
- Assist in administration and logistics services processes, as required;
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor;
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling PC’s values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for him/her and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for PC, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and act on a locally scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Organization: Pastoralist Concern
Management Location: Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Full time Salary with other basic benefits
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through
Ethio Jobs Email Address
Pastoralist Concern Head Office
A complete CV (not more than 3 pages)
A cover letter (not more than one page)
A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.