The Social & Behavior Change Officer reports to the Chief Field Office with a technical reporting line to S&BC Manager for supervision and guidance. The Officer provides technical and operational support to the CFO, S&BC Manager, and internal colleagues by administering, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating a variety of S&BC initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to complete tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive S&BC situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic, and political issues in the country/region.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the S&BC component of the Country Programme of Cooperation (and UNDAF).
- Collect, synthesize, draft and/or organize materials and related documentation for evidence-based S&BC strategies and plans (as a component of the CO and/or UNDAF Programmes) to ensure optimum impact, scale, and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess, select and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for S&BC initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Monitor and assess the impact of S&BC strategies and activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measurable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and wellbeing. Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies and test, produce, and use quality S&BC materials, organize events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Provide technical, administrative, and logistical support and background materials to carry out S&BC strategies and activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods, and procedures to ensure community engagement and participation, and optimum outreach and impact.
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources, and tools to support maximum impact and outreach of S&BC initiatives.
- Follow up and monitor the production of S&BC materials to ensure the technical quality, consistency, and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to the target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media, etc.).
- Collect, assess, and organize information for budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare documentation and related materials for financial planning for S&BC initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations, and standards of ethics and transparency.
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders, and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment, and self-determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity, and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link, and/or coordinate messaging to enhance S&BC outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build the capacity of practitioners/users and disseminate products to key audiences including partners and donors.
- Support the organization, administration, and implementation of capacity-building initiatives, including partnerships with training and academic institutions, to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in S&BC planning, implementation, and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise and update them as necessary.
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy, or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
Applicants must follow the link and fill out the application form to be considered for the role.
You should read the vacancy announcement carefully, check the vacancy details, prepare your CV or Application details, and submit your application as instructed by the organization.
Visit our website to find updated job vacancies: https://sholajobs.com
Join Our Telegram if You have not Joined it Already
Join us on Telegram ስራዎችን በቴሌግራም ለመከታተል ይህንን ይጫኑ
Telegram channel: https://t.me/ngoethiopia
Please remember to visit www.sholajobs.com whenever you’re looking for a job in Ethiopia. We hope the site will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.